Friday, July 23, 2010

Paris Plage


PARISIAN SUMMER = Sun, rain, humidity, tourists, long lines and pasty white Parisians in tiny bathing suits lying on the beach along the Seine. WT?! A beach along the river, you ask? Oh yes, the summer phenomena is back my friends.

Since 2002, the city has been putting on "Paris Plage" for the denizens of Paris. They bring in tons of sand, boxed palm trees and lounge chairs and set them up along one side of the Seine to re-create the beach. I went there yesterday to check it out.

It was pretty fun to people watch...oh, the eye candy and the eye sores. Yowza! Teeny weeny suits on guys and gals and I spied many shades of rosey-uh-oh-I'm-really-gonna-hurt-tomorrow skin in the crowd. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere though and it was so nice to bury my feet in some sand. All that was missing was the smell of the ocean and the sound of the waves...."ain't nuthin' like the real thang baby."

6 weeks and counting...

1 comment:

  1. I JUST read about this yesterday and was planning to make you go shoot some photos of teeny weeny frenchie bikinis! I guess if you can't go to la plage, then you bring la plage to the seine!

    ReplyDelete